Popular Posts

Monday, August 29, 2011

What Now!

 I thought about how I was going to implement the "plan" when I didn't really have the plan. Then when my Success magazine came I listened to the enclosed CD. One of the contributing speakers was Mel Robbins. She was speaking about her new book entitled Stop Saying You're Fine. I went to the bookstore and purchased the book. Ms. Robbins, I think I will call her Mel, speaks about how 100 million Americans are secretly frustrated with their lives. Well at least I am not alone. So my plan is to implement Mel's book in my life. I am the experiement. Chapter One - Stop Hitting the Snooze Button.
Well that is my favorite button. Every morning for as long as I can remember I have hit the snooze button, sometimes many times, and I mean many! Mel says when "I hit the snooze button I surrender power." The snooze button " allows you to effortlessly delay the real work of changing your life." So what I have resolved to do is NOT HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON. That should be easy and so far it is. "No one is going coming to do this for you. You need to push yourself and move forward."
Well I am going to fix the my physical self first. Honing the sword. So I have committed to do the entire 12 weeks of the P 90 X fitness program. I weighed, measured and took pictures, No I am not going to post the pictures or the numbers. They are not bad, but I need to be the best I can be. So therefore my plan is to be that me.
I am on week 3 and really like it. I knew change was needed when I wore my spanx under my sweat pants at the Raymond 5k. Why was I not running with my daughter in the 5k. I recently ran in the Draper 5k and did quite well. I am afarid to run in the Raymond 5k. So now I will share with all that I am going to be ready to run in the Raymong 5k in 2012. AND I will not be wearing my spanx under my sweat pants.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you don't mind that I'm following your blog. I love your attitude about the next 50 years! Last year I read "The Happiness Project" which made me evaluate my lifestyle. Loved it! Good luck with your plan!

    ReplyDelete